Pousada Quinta da Baleeira - Penha SC - Beto Carrero World - Hotéis - Diversão - Praias +55 (47) 3261.8900 (47) 99289.6132 email@example.com HOME INN HISTORY INFRASTRUCTURE TRANSFERS PHOTO GALLERY DIRECTIVES ROOMS PREMIER LUXURY ROOM SUPERIOR ROOM FAMILY AND FAMILY PLUS ROOMS STANDARD ROOM THE CITY THE CITY OF PENHA ARMAÇÃO DAS BALEEIRAS LEISURE BETO CARRERO WORLD CAPITÃO GATO UNIPRAIAS PARK ADVENTURE TOURISM PROMOTIONS LOCATION CERTIFICATION CONTACT ONLINE SERVICE The City Armação das Baleeiras Birthplace of the Carijós native indigenous, the starting point of the town was the construction of the Chapel of St. John the Baptist in 1759 in a place called Itapocorói (derived from the Guarani lenguage, "Itapocorá" whose sense defines as being "like a stone wall"). The region of Penha was colonized from the eighteenth century with the invasion of the Spanish on the island of Santa Catarina (Florianópolis), by Portuguese fishermen - in most Azorean - escaping from invaders and seeking new locations for hunting and processing of whales. Armação do Itapocorói then became headquarters at the time one of the biggest whaleboats tradition of southern Brazil. According to information taken from the site (www.penha-sc.com.br). The community of Itapocorói, having status of whaleboat tradition and therefore a private enterprise, can not be elevated to the parish during the period that funcionated as a business venture. A new community created six kilometers From Armação for displaced residents of cores of Itapocorói had enough progress to be elevated to the category of the parish on March 23, 1839, with the name of the Parish of Nossa Senhora da Penha do Itapocorói . In the nineteenth century the whale hunt went into crisis and was replaced by artisanal fisheries and trade as rudimentary subsistence.